Are you a person who lives with chronic pain? This month of September is meant to bring awareness to those people who you come in contact with. This could be your medical professional, family or friends.
Chronic pain can be difficult to diagnose. You may have experienced visits to multiple doctors to find out that you have arthritis.
Fibromyalgia is another type of chronic pain. Some days you feel fine and other days you are very achy and may even find it difficult to participate in your normal day.
Additionally, you could have feelings of misunderstanding and stigmas around your pain. This month the goal is to help you and those around you understand how difficult it can be to live with chronic pain.
There are some things that you can do to help spread the word.
- You can try to have people listen and understand your pain.
- Your friend may be having a bad day. Try to be aware that it could be caused by their chronic pain condition.
- Attend a webinar on pain management.
- Are there limitations caused by your pain? If so, find out what they are and try to manage them.
- Find opportunities to share symptoms and feelings around your diagnosis.
Private Home Health Care understands that many people live daily with chronic pain. We strive to learn and understand so that we can help with pain management.