JYM CAREGIVER FUND
An Alzheimer’s diagnosis is horrific and overwhelming for those afflicted, and for their caregivers.
Jog Your Memory was formed in 2014 with the purpose of funding research to eradicate Alzheimer’s disease. While we remain committed to that mission, we know that every day there are caregivers and families in our community suffering from the emotional and financial devastation brought on by the disease. That is why we created the JYM Caregiver Fund. In 2017, we began providing annual grants for caregivers coping with all the stress and uncertainty of having a loved one afflicted.
Depending on where you are in the process of figuring out care for your loved one, you will receive funds to help best meet your current family needs:
1. In home consultation with a certified geriatric specialist in your geographical (Approximate cost $400)
Services may include:
- A comprehensive in-home needs assessment in collaboration with health-care providers and family members
- An individualized/supportive care plan to address immediate and long-term needs
- Consultation with elders and their family members to provide guidance and resources
- Family conflict mediation when family members disagree on how best to care for their loved one
- Crisis intervention to address urgent needs and unexpected changes
- Advocacy to ensure that the elder’s rights are protected
- Family liaison for long-distance caregivers, providing updates on service and needs
2. In-home care services to provide the primary caregiver stress-free time away (Approximately 35 hours of care, approximate cost $30/hour)
3. In-facility respite care for resident, to allow caregiver overnight stress free time away (Overnight cost approximately $250 to $300 per 24 hours, daytime cost approx. $100 per day)
4. Resources to help make the home more sustainable for the resident
5. Assistance in funding music programs at current care-giving facility
Monetary awards of up to $1,500 are available. All grant monies are mailed to resident’s home with checks written payable directly to the chosen service providers. Each family may only receive one award in a twelve month period.
Applicants will be notified of awards by mail and may receive a call to be interviewed prior to being chosen for a grant. Review of a complete application generally takes three to five weeks. A submitted application is not a guarantee of receiving a grant. Funds are limited and are based on availability. All information will be held strictly confidential.
We are unable to process incomplete applications.
Please email us at email@example.com for an application
Mail: Jog Your Memory
Attn: JYM Caregiver Fund
56 Nichols Road
Needham MA 02492
Web: www. jogyourmemory5k org
The JYM Caregiver Fund welcomes applications from candidates actively being treated for Alzheimer’s disease residing within New England and New York.